New Life Christian Center is what is often referred to as a “Charismatic” or “interdenominational” church. Now while we shy away from labels and “boxes” we do want to answer your questions.
The term “Charismatic” refers to our belief that Jesus Christ is the same today as He always has been and that by the Holy Spirit, He is still moving in the earth to save people from their sins, to offer healing to people, and to manifest Himself through the gifts of the Spirit.
The term “interdenominational” means that we are comprised of people from a wide variety of backgrounds. In our congregation are people from dozens of different religious backgrounds as well as those who previously had no religious training or affiliation at all. We are not an “exclusive” group who thinks we are the only true Christians, but we gladly acknowledge as fellow members of the Body of Christ all people who confess Jesus as their Lord.
We worship with voices and musical instruments in a contemporary style and welcome physical expressions of worship in our services.
The Tenets of Faith in a Full Gospel Church
I. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH.
HEB. 13:8, “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
A. A church designated by their uncompromising approach to all of the Word of God.
B. A church designated by the encouragement to live by and live in all of the Word of God.
C. A church designated by the unchanging nature of God, that is to say if God did it before He is still doing it today!
1. God is OMNIFICENT – He has unlimited creative power.
2. God is OMNIPOTENT – He has unlimited authority and power.
3. God is OMNIPRESENT – He is always present.
4. God is OMNISCIENT – He has complete and total knowledge of everything.
5. God is OMNITRUTH – He is all the truth, all the time.
* PLEASE NOTE: None of these attributes are shared outside of the Trinity. (With God there can be unity and plurality without the compromising of the attributes. They all can possess all of these at the same time in the greatest possible strength.) Therefore, we can believe all that God says. We can trust He will accomplish all that He purposes.
II. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH BELIEVES IN ACTIVE FAITH.
2 COR. 5:7, “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”
A. Faith begins at the knowledge of God’s will.
B. Faith is a moving, living force.
C. Faith is our connection to God.
D. Faith must be exercised.
E. Faith is God’s unseen reality.
F. Faith is a position of rest.
*PLEASE NOTE: In teaching the beliefs of the full gospel church, it must be approached from the place of what does the Bible teach; not what do others in the Body of Christ teach against or not believe in. We are not as interested in proving someone wrong as we are in teaching the uncompromised Word.
III. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH BELIEVES IN PRAISE AND WORSHIP, WITH PHYSICAL EXPRESSIONS.
PS. 22:3, “God inhabits the praises of His people.”
A. PRAISE – Praise must be based on a total joyful acceptance of the present as a part of God’s loving, perfect will for us.
1. Praise IS NOT based on what we hope of, or think about the future.
B. PRAISE – Praise is an active response to what we know that God has done and is doing for us in our lives and in the world through His Son and the Person of the Holy Spirit.
1. Praise is not a bargaining tool. I’ll praise You so You can bless me.
IV. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH BELIEVES IN THE BAPTISM WITH THE HOLY GHOST WITH THE EVIDENCE OF SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES.
ACTS 1:8, “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;..”
A. Requirements for baptism with the Holy Ghost.
1. Be born again!
2. Receive the free gift!
B. The purpose of the baptism with the Holy Ghost.
1. ACTS 1:7-8, power.
2. 1 COR. 14:2, speaking to God.
3. 1 COR. 14:4, personal edification.
4. JUDE 20. ROM. 8:26, personal help in known and unknown areas.
5. 1 COR. 14:16-17, giving of thanks.
V. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH BELIEVES IN DIVINE HEALTH AND HEALING PROVIDED FOR IN THE ATONEMENT.
ISA. 53:5, “But he was pierced through for our transgression, he was crushed for our iniquities, the chastening for our well-being fell upon him,
and by his scourging we are healed.”
A. Divine health and healing provided for in the atonement.
1. What is the atonement? Literally it is the reconciliation of God and man, in and through the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His death on the cross by the shedding of His blood in His vicarious sacrifice for sin.
B. Is it God’s will to save sinners? Was that will provided for in the cross? Was healing provided for in the cross? To determine the value of will we must have provision – the will without the provision is worthless!
1. Isaiah tells us of not only His death for our sins but also for our sickness on the cross.
VI. THE FULL GOSPEL CHURCH BELIEVES IN THE ON-GOING MOVE OF THE SPIRIT, THROUGH HIS GIFTS GIVEN TO ALL CHRISTIANS.
1 COR. 12:7, “But to each one is given the manifestation of the
Spirit for the common good.”
A. 1 PET. 4:10, everyone has the availability of these gifts!
B. The purpose of all gifts is to bring unity and grace.